Medical Malpractice Lawyer Portland, Oregon
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when doctors or other healthcare workers deviate from the outlined standard of care in their profession, thereby causing injury to a patient.
Unfortunately, medical malpractice comes in many forms and is responsible for injuring approximately 12 million people each year and killing over 250,000 people, making it the third leading cause of death in the country.
To establish a medical malpractice claim, we must:
- Establish that negligence occurred because of a violation of the standard of care
- Prove our client’s injury was caused by the negligence
- Verify the injury resulted in damages caused by medical negligence
If you have been injured while receiving medical care, there may be several parties who can be held liable for your financial recovery. Our attorneys can help you determine the best legal approach to producing solutions that fit your unique injury needs.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Medical Malpractice Injuries in Oregon?
Each medical malpractice claim is unique, and the injuries that result can be caused by any healthcare professional’s negligence, whether it is in an emergency room, surgery center, or a private physician’s office.
Potentially liable medical malpractice parties may include:
- Medical support staff
- Hospitals, medical facilities, and surgical centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
In some cases, the healthcare facilities administrators may be held liable for injuries that result from failing to run background checks on employees, negligent hiring, failing to remove incompetent healthcare personnel, and understaffing.
Main areas of personal injury Our Law Offices of Jon Friedman focus on include:
- Accident Injury
- Airplane Accident
- Auto Wreck
- Bicycle Accident
- Bus Accident
- Boating Accident
- Construction Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Dog Bite
- Pedestrian Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Product Liability
- Legal Malpractice
- Scooter Accident
- Train Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
What are the Most Common Types of Medical Malpractice?
When negligence is a factor in healthcare facilities, there is no limit to the number of people who can get hurt.
Some of the more common types of medical malpractice include:
- Anesthesia complications
- Birth injuries
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Failure to order proper testing
- Disregarding or not taking appropriate patient history
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Defective or improperly prescribed medication
- Improper medication or dosage
- Lack of informed consent
- Premature discharge
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Contamination and hospital-acquired infections
- Retained surgical instruments
- Surgical errors or wrong-site surgery
- Unnecessary surgery
- Nursing home negligence and abuse
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Attorney Portland, Oregon at Law Offices of Jon Friedman
If you have been injured while pursuing medical care, our attorneys can help determine the overall value of your case, including additional medical care requirements, lost wages, and non-economic damages like pain and suffering, and interference with your activities or daily living, and pursue the proper party for the fair compensation you need to fully recover.