Dedicated Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Portland, Oregon
At the Law Offices of Jon Friedman, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Portland understand the catastrophic nature of these crashes, and how they change the lives of the injured in their families for months, years, or even permanently.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, pedestrian accident deaths throughout the country last year reached a thirty-year high, totaling 6,283 fatalities, 69 of which occurred in Oregon.
At this tragic rate, 17% of all traffic fatalities were pedestrians, with one person on foot killed every 88 minutes across the U.S.
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable people on the road, especially when drivers are distracted behind the wheel, or are speeding through residential neighborhoods where kids are at play.
When a negligent driver hits a pedestrian, there is very little chance the person on foot is going to exit the crash without serious injuries. If this happened to you, or someone you love, our Portland pedestrian accident attorneys can discuss your case during a free confidential assessment today, so you can learn more about your right to pursue financial recovery and make informed decisions about how to get the compensation you deserve.
What are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Portland, Oregon?
While there are many causes of pedestrian accident injuries and deaths, the primary cause is distracted driving.
When drivers are looking away from the road, it is impossible to see pedestrians crossing the street or entering their parked vehicles. While most drivers believe a quick glance at their phone or attending to a child in the backseat will cause no harm, the average time it takes to send or receive a text message or avert your attention to another passenger can change someone’s life forever.
Other common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Drivers disregarding traffic or weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Exiting and entering parking lots or structures without acknowledging their surroundings
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Failing to stop at a pedestrian right of way
- Failing to stop for school buses
- Failing to yield to crosswalks
- Lack of sleep or exhaustion
- Making improper turns, including illegal U-turns
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Vehicles traveling in reverse without checking their surroundings
When drivers are not focused on the task of operating their vehicles, pedestrian accidents can occur in seconds, causing horrific injuries or even death. If you or your family have suffered damages from driver negligence, contact our Portland pedestrian accident lawyers today to learn how we can help you pursue the compensation you need to move forward with confidence.
What are the Most Common Portland Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Emergency departments throughout the U.S. treated 129,000 pedestrian accident victims for non-fatal crash-related injuries last year, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
Of those, the most common pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises to the head, face, and body
- Dislocated joints
- Torn muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Fractured, broken, or crushed bones
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Limb amputations
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Loss of mobility
- Wrongful death
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian crash, our Portland pedestrian accident attorneys may be able to help you pursue the negligent driver for financial recovery.
What Type of Compensation Can I Pursue After a Pedestrian Accident Injury?
All personal injury circumstances are unique, and each case must be evaluated by the facts and evidence surrounding the collision.
Once we investigate the crash and your injuries, your recovery compensation may include:
- Short and long-term medical costs
- Medical equipment and prescriptions expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation costs
- At-home, around the clock care
- Lost wages for the injured, and family members who assume their care
- Inability to return to work after the accident
- Temporary or permanent disability
Partnering the Right Portland Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Our experienced and dedicated Portland pedestrian accident lawyers team at The Law Offices of Jon Friedman is prepared to pursue the compensation you and your family deserve after suffering injuries caused by someone else’s negligence.
With over 35 years of experience, our Portland pedestrian accident attorneys will accurately assess your case and determine the financial compensation you will require to get your life back on track.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a pedestrian crash, please contact our Multnomah County and Portland personal injury attorneys today by calling 503-242-1440 to schedule a free confidential assessment of your claim.